As you enter retirement, you want to be sure your wealth doesn’t outlive you.
It’s important to ensure you have enough money to continue to live comfortably and that you have finances for any extra hurdles that might come along the way.
In this episode, David Pulcini talks to colleague John P. Harms, CFP®, RICP®, partner and investment advisor representative at Six Point Financial Partners about the third point in the series of Six Points Of Financial Planning, retirement income planning.
David and John discuss:
- Where to start when planning for retirement
- How the timing of your retirement planning will affect your income later
- Different aspects that can make your retirement different from anyone else’s
- How long the process of retirement planning can take with an advisor (spoiler, it’s less than you think…)
- How much to allocate towards your retirement, and how to find the amount right for you
- What comes next, once you have your plan in place
- And more
Connect with David Pulcini:
- SixPoint Financial
- (585) 641-7900
- LinkedIn: David Pulcini
- LinkedIn: SixPoint Financial
- Twitter: SixPoint Financial
- Facebook: SixPoint Financial
Connect with John Harms:
- P: 585.485.0948
- LinkedIn: John Harms
About our Guest: John Harms is an Indiana native who started in the investment and financial services industry in 2004 with Wachovia. There, he concentrated on helping small business owners in Chicago’s Lincoln Park community with retirement planning and investment portfolio management. Upon moving to Rochester in 2007, John shifted focus to providing comprehensive financial planning, wealth management, retirement income and distribution planning advice to educators.
He truly enjoys working with his clients helping to ease their financial concerns so that they can focus on what’s most important to them in life. John is approachable and pays close attention to detail in developing solutions to provide professional service clients can depend on.
John is a 2004 graduate of the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Management with a minor in Finance. In 2015, he obtained the RICP® (Retirement Income Certified Professional) designation from the American College.
Currently enrolled in the CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™) Curriculum at the American College and holds Series 7, 65, 66 and NYS Life, Health & Disability Insurance
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed