Now more than ever, people are concerned about their financial health and wellness, and whether they will be protected if an unexpected crisis should occur. But for many, understanding the Medicaid eligibility rules can be even more complicated.
In part one of this mini-series, David Pulcini speaks with attorney Ken Kraus about the importance of proper Medicaid planning. David and Ken walk you through some of the initial steps you need to take to ensure your financial safety in the event of a crisis.
David and Ken discuss:
- What Medicaid is and how an attorney can help you with the benefits
- What you can do to protect your assets from unexpected costs that come with crises
- The difference between reactive and proactive planning
- The importance of proper financial planning when it comes to applying for Medicaid
- And so more valuable information you need to know!
Connect with David Pulcini:
- (585) 641-7900
- Connect with David Pulcini on Linkedin
- Follow SixPoint Financial on LinkedIn
- Follow SixPoint Financial on Twitter
- Follow SixPoint Financial on Facebook
- Check out SixPoint Financial’s website
About our Guest: Kenneth R. Kraus is a partner of the firm Evans Fox, and a graduate of the SUNY at Buffalo Law School and a graduate of Canisius College in Buffalo, New York. Ken is an active member of the Trust and Estates and Elder Law Sections of the New York State and Monroe County Bar Associations, the Estate Planning Council of Rochester, NY, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Ken works with families to help them understand the complexities of long-term care financing, including Medicare, Medicaid, home care and nursing home planning. Ken helps individuals and families prepare their estate plan, including Wills, asset protection Trusts, Supplemental Needs Trusts (SNTs), Powers of Attorney and Health Care Proxies. He also assists with the probate process including the preparation of income, fiduciary, gift and estate tax returns and the sale of real estate.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed