As we get older, we want to be sure our and our family’s money is in the right hands.
But it is not always as simple as it sounds, and some minor mistakes can lead to horrendous consequences for the whole family.
In this episode, David Pulcini sits down with associate attorney Neil Lyons, ESQ, from Luhrsen Goldberg to talk about everything you need to know about setting up, or being a power of attorney and how to avoid some mistakes that could cost you your financial stability.
David and Neil discuss:
- What is a power of attorney and what that entities you the power to do
- If you can take power of attorney over someone without their consistent
- How to not inform someone they are your power of attorney
- Some common mistakes that are made that turn out to be disastrous, not only financially but emotionally
- And more
Estate Planning – Part Five of Six Points of Financial Planning with Neil Lyons, ESQ (Ep. 32)
Book Time with David Pulcini:
Connect with David Pulcini:
- SixPoint Financial
- (585) 641-7900
- LinkedIn: David Pulcini
- LinkedIn: SixPoint Financial
- Twitter: SixPoint Financial
- Facebook: SixPoint Financial
Connect with Neil Lyons:
- LinkedIn: Neil Lyons
- Email Neil Lyons
- (941) 212-2600
- LinkedIn: Law Powered By Women
- Twitter: LG Injury Firm
- Facebook: Law Powered By Women
- YouTube: LG Injury Firm
- Instagram: Law Powered By Women
About our Guest: Neil Lyons, ESQ, practices extensively in the realm of estate planning, elder law, and trust and probate administration. In this arena and since 2015, he has put his legal knowledge and desire to helping others to good end, contributing more than 500 hours of pro bono legal services to Sarasota and Manatee County residents.
Neil’s good deeds have been widely recognized, including by the Sarasota County Bar Association, which in 2018 awarded him with its Distinguished Community Service Award for “his dedication to helping the cause of the defenseless and oppressed through his countless hours of pro bono legal services.” More recently, in 2019, the Florida Bar recognized this with its President’s Pro Bono Service Award.
Neil earned his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in 2011. Neil earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree with a major in History from the University of South Florida in 2004. He then went on to earn his Master’s Degree in Education from the University of South Florida in 2008.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed